Returns and Refunds
At Peter Christian, we want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If you wish to return an item for any reason, this page explains how to do so.
Our Returns Policy
All items being returned or exchanged must be in "as-new" condition and with their original packaging (this excludes items that are faulty). No charge will be made for items returned in this condition.
- Unwanted items must be returned within 30 days with their original packaging with all tags and labels attached.
- Items that are not returned in the same condition as they were sold, (e.g. with pet hairs, no packaging or labels etc.) may be liable to a restocking fee of 20% of the value of the items.
- Customers that have been identified as 'serial returners' (returned 70%+ of items in 3 or more orders) may be liable to a restocking fee of 20% of the value of the items returned.
- Items returned outside the returns window, if accepted will be liable to a restocking fee of 20% of the value of the items returned.
Returns within the UK are FREE. For returns from countries outside the UK, you are liable for the cost of postage (see our International Returns section below). All orders made on this website are subject to the terms and conditions set out on this website. Customers in the US must use our dedicated US website when making purchases in order to benefit from FREE exchanges.
We cannot offer refunds or exchanges on:
- Items that have been visibly worn or used
- Underwear, socks or swimwear
- Items that have been altered, including items we altered specifically for you
If you return an item to us for refund, it can take up to 7 days from the day we receive the item to process your refund.
If an item is faulty or you are unsure whether an item is eligible for return please call our customer care team on 01273 492 287 (Monday–Friday 9am–5pm) or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial orders for Wedding, Film or other entities are subject to a return fee of 20% of the value of the returned items.
How to return or exchange an item
Our No-Quibble Money-Back Guarantee means we will exchange your item or refund your purchase price subject to items being in perfect condition, with their original packaging, and returned within 30 days. If you wish to return something, follow these easy steps:
- Complete the returns form on the reverse of your delivery note. Please provide your name, address and postcode, telephone number, order number (if known), the reason for return and whether you would like an exchange or refund.
- Place the items you wish to return, along with the returns form into the box or bag. Please ensure the parcel is securely sealed with strong tape. DO NOT use staples as they may damage the garments inside.
- To print your returns label, go to royalmail.com/track-my-return and follow the easy steps indicated on the Royal Mail website. Alternatively, if you do not have a printer at home, you can complete the steps on the Royal Mail website and print your label in the post office.
- Attach the return address label securely to the parcel, covering your address. Please ensure that no part of your address is visible.
- Take the parcel to your nearest Post Office and ask for a 'Proof of Posting' receipt. You should retain this until we have confirmed receipt or resolved the matter to your satisfaction.
If you require any help with this process, please call us on 01273 492 287 or email: email@example.com
In need of a new returns and exchanges form? Download a replacement here
Tracking a returned item
- When handing over your parcel at the Post Office, ask for a 'Proof of Posting' slip.
- Visit the Royal Mail website and select 'Track Your Item'.
- Enter in the barcode number which you can find on your 'Proof of Postage' slip.
- The progress of the parcel will be displayed.
For exchange items, as long as the requested replacement is in stock, dispatch will normally be within 2 to 3 days. If the exchange item requires alteration it may require a further 3 working days. Please allow 5 working days for dispatch during busy periods. If the requested item is out of stock, it will be sent out to you as soon as we receive more stock.
When returning your item, the way you originally paid for the purchase will determine how you will be refunded. It can take up to 7 days from the day we receive the item to process your refund.
If you paid by credit or debit card, we will refund the same card originally used to place and pay for the order.
If you paid for your order with PayPal we will refund into your PayPal account.
Refunds of orders by cheque will be refunded by cheque, but these are done fortnightly so may take a little longer.
The information in this section is supplemental to that stated in the preceding sections and pertains to returns from all non-UK countries of any items previously ordered on this website. Where information differs, this section supersedes that given above.
What is the returns policy for international orders?
If your order is faulty or not as described, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1273 492 287 (Monday–Friday 9am–5pm UK time). We will then decide whether we need the item to be returned to us or if photographic evidence will suffice.
Refunds will be in sterling, and may therefore not equate exactly to the amount you originally paid, due to fluctuating exchange rates.
How do I return an item?
Please note that you are liable for the cost of returning any item to the UK. Follow the instructions on our delivery note and return the item to us at Peter Christian, 29 Star Estate, Partridge Green, West Sussex, RH13 8RA, United Kingdom. Please return unwanted items within 30 days of purchase.
Whatever your reason for returning goods, please ensure that you obtain proof of postage from your post office and use a tracked delivery service.
Returning items from outside the EU
When returning items from non-EU countries please be sure to state 'Returns Department' prominently at the top of the address and declare the goods as 'returns' to the couriers/postal service. This is to avoid your return being delayed by UK Customs, allowing us to process it more promptly.
If you fail to do this then your parcel may be held by UK Customs for processing which can take up to 28 days to complete. This will lead to an invoice for VAT plus handling (roughly 20% of the returns value) which we will pass on to you and must be paid before customs will release the parcel to us. This is a non-refundable charge.
When will I receive a refund?
It can take up to 7 days from the day we receive the item to process your refund. Refunded cheques may take a little longer.